Liberty Skis UK Team
Name – Jake Lloyd
Age – 23
Years riding – 4
Winter home / summer home –NZ / USA / France / Hertforshire UK
Sponsors – liberty skis, FSBS, Alpoholics chalets
Skis – liberty LTE 178
Boots –Fulltilt Dropkick
Bindings –Liberty Freeride
Outerwear –Various, whatever I’m feeling
Goggles –electric eg 2.5
Helmet –red (black)
- What does skiing mean to you and what do you enjoy about it? I love pushing myself and expressing creativity through radical stunts!
- What’s your favourite type of skiing? Park, pow or both? My main passion is for park, but I want to ride more powder this season…
- Where is the best place you have skied? Laax, Switzerland.
- What other sports and activities influence you in the way you like to ski? Snowboarding, rollerblading, skateboarding
- Where do you see skiing in ten years time? I think it will get more diverse with lots of different styles and super technical tricks.
- If you could ski with anyone for a day, who would it be and where would you go? Probably Oskari Raitanaen and Henrik Harlaut at Breck or Keystone!
- If you were not skiing what would be doing? Probably lots of motorsport or trampolining ect
- What’s the 2011-12 season got in store for you? 3 months riding and filming in breck/keystone, Brits in march (Laax) then some work before NZ for summer!
- What do you like about Liberty Skis? I love the LTE’s for riding park, they are really light and responsive with lots of pop.
- If you could change one thing in the world what would it be and why? World peace
- If you could have one super power what would it be and how would you use it? Eternal health
- If you could be an animal what would you be? Velocor raptor!
- If you could be pro at any other sport what would it be? Freestyle MX
- Who has been the biggest influence in your life and why? Can’t pin it down to one person but I think various people along the way who work hard for what they want and have a positive attitude to everything!
- What are your notable achievements in skiing and what are you ambitions within the sport? 13th Brits slopestyle + Big Air 2011, 1st place Gap Nation comp. I want to work at getting more competitive in the UK scene and ride lots of different features, so I can ride anything!
- Do you have any special skills outside of skiing? Grew up rollerblading, spent a lot of time with cars/motorsport.
Who do you look up to in skiing? Woodsy for bossin it coming from UK and Oskari Raitanen for his style and limitless tech skills.
What’s the funniest thing you have seen on snow? Compilation of punter slashes!
What’s the best competition you’ve entered? Brits slopestyle
Favourite trick Sw 7 or lipslide blind 2
Favourite ski movie –Stuck in the eighties – Happy Pro
Favourite music –hip hop/reggae
Favourite resort –Laax, Switzerland
Favourite food/drink –seafood paella, Snapple fruit punch
Park or powder –park
Rails or kickers –rails
Poles or no poles –poles
Skate or surf – skate
Beanie or helmet –helmet
Bumps or trees –bumps
Snowblading, monoski’s or jester hats – mono ski
Steeps or deeps – deeps
upside down or round and round – round and round
dark or light – light
simple or complicated –simple
food or drink – food
Thanks and shout outs? Shouts to all support from sponsors Liberty, Planks, FSBS, Alpoholics and family friends!